Created to support hormone production and immune system activity, this creamy avocado banana smoothie will soon become your all time favorite.
It’s a gorgeous green combo of avocado, banana, greens and a few other ingredients that will turn your breakfast into nutrient-packed satiating meal. And if you have leftovers, just pack them and serve in the afternoon to keep you full until dinner.
How To Make Avocado Banana Smoothie
Green smoothies aren’t the most appealing drinks but if you use my tips on how to make the avocado banana smoothie, the result will be a potion that will have great health benefits while also being absolutely delicious.
- Keep things in balance – don’t exaggerate with banana or it will turn too sweet, not too much avocado or it will have a bland taste.
- Spice-it up – adding nutrient-packed spices such as ginger, turmeric, cinnamon or cardamom will add some taste depth and extra health benefits.
- Load it with proteins – nut butters, beans, quinoa, protein powder or hemp will make your smoothie richer, more satiating and will create a great base for hormone production and tissue repair. Remember that our adult body requires about 1,5 grams protein per kg body weight for proper functional needs, so start building your protein reserves first thing in the morning.
- Don’t skip the greens – any of your favorite greens (spinach, chard, kale) together with your algae of choice (chlorella or spirulina) will give your smoothie a great vibrant color, boost liver activity and the natural detoxification pathways.
- Befriend with your gut – by adding fermented foods such as kefir or yogurt – vegan or dairy, or bee bread (fermented bee pollen).
How Does Avocado Banana Smoothie Taste Like
This avocado banana smoothie benefits come without compromising its taste.
It has a creamy, velvety texture, a spicy depth from the ginger and a bit of tartness from the kefir that perfectly balance the banana sweetness.
Is Avocado Banana Smoothie Good for Weight Loss?
I don’t recommend counting calories, but more likely have a varied diet with loads of nutrients to support your cell activity and natural detox. However, this morning drink is great if you’re watching your weight.
Don’t worry about the avocado banana smoothie calories, just keep in mind that it will keep you full until your next meal, it also works great as a snack, its nutrients boost metabolism and its healthy fats contribute to a balanced hormone production that will help lose weight the easy way.
Your body needs nutrients even if you’re on a weight loss diet, so start your day with this liquid combo of healthy ingredients that doesn’t burden your digestion, but actually improves it. It also helps the liver to eliminate toxins that stagnate in your body and fuels it with proteins to help you rebuild muscle after any workout.
Watch the video below to see how easy you can prepare this smoothie:
If you’re looking for more smoothies to add to your morning routine, try my Rejuvenating Green Smoothie Bowl, my 3 Breakfast Smoothie Ideas, or my 3 Ways Berry Smoothie Recipe.
If you make any of these recipes don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @theawesomegreen so I can see them and share with the community!
Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 1 large banana
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tsp ginger peeled, freshly grated
- 2 tsp spirulina
- 1&1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1&1/3 cups (about 330 ml) kefir (use coconut kefir for a vegan version)
- 1/3 cup water
- Peel the avocado and banana, cut into slices and add into a high speed blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, process until creamy.
- Serve as it is, or pack to go.
Anthony Allen says
So good! I added some strawberries and used Complement protein powder (almond, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seed, watermelon seed, yellow pea). Delicious and a super way to start the day. Thank you!
Adding strawberries sounds delicious, I have to give it a try! Thank you Anthony, really glad to read you like it.