Lentil Pasta with Kale and Marinara Sauce, Vegan and GF
A guilt-free red lentil pasta recipe, vegan and gluten-free, a satiating meal packed with nutrients and designed to not leave you bloated or without energy. Kale, rich tomato sauce, aromatic herbs, seeds and nuts are the only addition, while making this meal nutrient-rich and nourishing.
- 1/2 pack red lentil pasta about 1 cup dry pasta
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful basil leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh mint leaves - to garnish
In a cast-iron skillet heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic.
Cook over medium heat for two or three minutes, until the onion turn translucent.
Add the tomatoes, sugar, basil, salt and vinegar, mix to combine and bring to boil over medium heat.
Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the lentil pasta according to instructions. Within five minutes before they are ready, add the kale leaves.
Drain the pasta and kale, add to the skillet with the sauce, add the hemp, pine nuts and nutritional yeast and mix to combine.
Divide into serving bowls, garnish with mint leaves and serve warm.