Quinoa Patties with Summer Herbs
Crispy and textured, flavored with fresh summer herbs from the garden, these easy-to-make quinoa patties make the perfect veggie burger or light lunch next to a salad.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 10 -12
- 2 cups cooked quinoa red or white
- 2 organic eggs substitute with 2 tbsp soaked ground flax for the vegan option
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 10 pitted kalamata olives roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coconut oil for greasing the baking sheet
Preheat the oven to 180 C/356 F.
In a large bowl, add quinoa, eggs, and salt, and mix to combine.
Stir in the breadcrumbs, tofu, olives, and garlic, and let sit for a few minutes.
Add the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil, then use your palms to shape little patties and line them on the baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, then flip over and bake for 5 more minutes.
Transfer onto a cooling rack and let cool.
Serve along with salad, with avocado, or as a veggie burger with tomatoes, cucumber and onion.