Vegan Breakfast Burrito
Start your day with a rich, filling breakfast packed with protein and healthy fats, assembled in just a few minutes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 large beetroot cut into thin slices
- 1/2 small head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup extra firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 inch piece ginger peeled and grated
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and cut into slices
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 tbsp mixed nuts and seeds lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- Worchestershire sauce
- 2 large wholewheat or gluten-free tortilla
Preheat the oven to 175 C/356F.
Place the beet slices and broccoli florets into a medium bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Mix to combine and set aside, and line on a baking sheet, then roast for 20 mins.
Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.
Add the chopped kale and mint into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add lime juice and mixed nuts, toss to combine and set aside.
In a cast-iron skillet heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat, add the minced garlic cloves, ginger, turmeric and cumin, and stir to combine.
Add the crumbled tofu, and cook for 5 minutes, until golden. Add the nutritional yeast, cayenne and a pinch sea salt, mix to combine and turn off the heat.
To assemble the burrito divide the kale salad, roasted beets and broccoli, tofu mixture and avocado onto the tortillas, drizzle with Worchestershire sauce, roll up and serve, or pack to-go.