Easy Pasta Salad - The Summer Edition
Loaded with cleansing green ingredients, fresh and cooked summer veggies and bathed in a luscious turmeric dressing with anti-inflammatory properties, this pasta salad is the best summer meal to keep you satiated while nurturing your body with healing nutrients.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3/4 cup pasta fussili, orecchiette or rigatoni will absorb more dressing, but you can use any pasta according to your own preferences
- 1 cup red kidney beans cooked
- 10-15 red cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 zucchini roughly chopped
- 2 laminate kale leaves roughly chopped
- 1 cup mixed greens I used baby spinach, arugula and chard, but you can use any available
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small broccoli head cut into very small florets
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- For the dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger or 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 garlic clove
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To garnish - fresh basil leaves micro-greens
In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, water fry the scallions, adding 1 tbsp water and stirring frequently until translucent.
Add the zucchini, bell peppers and 10-12 cherry tomatoes halves, drizzle with apple cider vinegar, stir and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until slightly cooked but still crunchy.
Turn off the heat and set aside.
While the veggies are cooking, prepare the pasta.
Cook the pasta according to the package. Transfer into a colander, rinse with cool water, transfer into a large bowl and set aside.
Add the dressing ingredients into the blender and process to obtain a smooth, vibrant yellow liquid.
Add the cooked veggies, beans and kale to the pasta bowl, and toss to combine.
Top with the mixed greens, drizzle the dressing, toss to combine and serve garnished with fresh basil and micro-greens.