Lupini Beans Recipe for Weight Loss
Protein and fibre-packed roasted lupin beans are mixed with fresh veggies and healing herbs to create a satiating weight loss recipe.
- 2 cups cooked lupin beans (in brine, drained)
- 2 bunches fresh parsley (about 2 cups) roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 1/2 cups) roughly chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, cut into cubes
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds lightly toasted
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 180C/356F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Drain and rinse the lupin beans, transfer them to the baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil, season with ground cumin and chili flakes, and toss to coat evenly.
Roast for 20 minutes until crunchy, then remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl, add the roasted lupini, drizzle the lemon juice, season with salt and toss well to combine.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Calories: 368kcal | Protein: 36g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 17g