Alkaline Green Soup
Loaded with fresh alkaline nutrients, this rich green soup reduces your acidity and nurture your body cells with potassium for a natural detox.
- 1/2 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 parsnip peeled and finely diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 green bell pepper cut into small cubes
- 4 asparagus spears
- 1 small zucchini cut into slices
- 1 small fennel bulb finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 small bunch celery greens or other greens available - kale, spinach beet greens, roughly chopped
- 1 lime juice only
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable both
- 1 tsp chia seeds to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium sauce pan water fry the onions and garlic for two minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the celery stalks, fennel, zucchini, bell pepper and parsnip, together with the vegetable broth.
Bring to boil, then simmer on low heat for seven minutes.
Add the lentils, asparagus, celery greens and lime juice, and turn the heat off.
Serve warm, garnished with chia seeds.