Master Immune Boosting Smoothie
An immunity boosting nutrient-loaded smoothie, to support your natural defense against winter flu.
- For the Orange Layer
- 1 small persimmon cut into quarters
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice I used almond butter
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- For the Pink Layer
- 1 small beet root peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup berries of choice fresh or frozen (I use a mix of frozen sea buckthorn, raspberries and blueberries)
- 1 small pink grapefruit peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- *Optional 1 tsp organic raw honey
- To garnish: chia seeds unsweetened coconut flakes, mint leaves
Add all the orange layer ingredients into the blender and process to obtain a smooth liquid.
Pour evenly into the serving glasses.
Add all the pink layer ingredients into the blender and process to obtain a puree.
Pour on top of the orange layer.
Garnish with chia seeds, coconut flakes and mint leaves and serve right away.
*The resulted quantity is about 2 cups smoothie per person.