Spring Gratitude Greens Salad
Eat seasonally and get energized with this simple and nutritious spring salad made with fresh greens, crunchy vegetables and wild rice, all bathed in honey-mustard dressing.
- 1/4 cup rice I used a blend of wild, red and brown rice, but any of these would work
- 4 asparagus springs chopped
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh watercress
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 4 radishes cut into thin slices
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 small bunch cup fresh wild garlic
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 fennel roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted almonds crushed
- Black sesame seeds to garnish
- *Optional: Parmesan flakes use a mandolin
- For the dressing
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp organic raw honey replace with agave nectar for the vegan version
Cook the rice according to the instructions (about 15 minutes), then set aside to cool.
Make the dressing by adding the ingredients into a blender to obtain a creamy liquid.
Add the brown rice into a large bowl, pour the dressing and mix to combine, then set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to be absorbed.
Add chopped cucumber, radishes, avocado, fennel, celery stalks, parsley, wild garlic, red onion, Parmesan (optional) and crushed almonds into the rice bowl and toss to combine.
Garnish with black sesame and fresh mint leaves and serve.