Vegan Pasta Salad, The Very Green Version
Made with green pesto, roasted chickpeas and loads of green aromatic herbs, this vegan Italian pasta salad makes a filling and protein-rich meal you can make from scratch, or assemble with prepared ingredients from your meal prep sessions.
- 1 cup short whole wheat pasta I used spirals
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lighlty toasted mixed seeds
- 1 large zucchini cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp green basil pesto
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley
- Handful fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- Handful fresh oregano leaves roughly chopped
Prepare the pasta according to the instructions.
When ready, drain the water, transfer into a large bowl, add the pesto, toss to combine and set aside to cool.
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over low heat, add the garlic cloves and fry for 20 seconds, then add the zucchini cubes.
Cook over low heat for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, then season with salt and add into the pasta bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients, and toss to combine.
Serve warm or pack to go.