Vegan Black Bean Soup
A rich, comforting and satiating vegan soup loaded with protein, fiber and healthy fats, packed with nutrients and filling enough to call it a meal on its own.
- 1 can cooked black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup red quinoa
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their juices
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 lime juice only
- To garnish: avocado slices fresh parsley (or coriander)
Heat the olive oil into a medium soup pot, add the onion, carrot, celery, cumin, paprika and garlic.
Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the black beans, quinoa, rice, diced tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to boil over medium heat.
Reduce the heat to low, simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the lime juice, season with salt and mix to combine.
Divide it into the serving bowls, top with the roasted beans, garnish with avocado and parsley and serve warm.
This nutrition label is for 2 servings.
Serving: 350g | Calories: 273kcal