Overnight Oats Recipe for a Gentle Cleanse
Restore your nutrient reserve and give your digestive a good cleanse with this complete oatmeal bowl, packed with fiber, healthy fats and fresh antioxidants.
- For the oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 &1/4 cups purified water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch sea salt
- For the Raspberry Compote
- 2 cups frozen raspberries or any other berries you prefer
- 1 orange juice only
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp yogurt use soy or coconut yogurt for the vegan version
- 1 kaki fruit cut into thin slices
- The seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- 2 tsp nut butter of choice
- Crushed pistachio and/or walnuts
- 4 dried apricots diced
The night before, mix the oats, salt and cinnamon into a pot, add water, mix, cover and let sit overnight.
In the morning place the pot over medium heat and bring to boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes, then divide into serving bowls. If needed, you can add more water to get the desired consistency.
In a medium pot add the frozen raspberries, water, ginger and orange juice and bring to boil over medium heat.
Simmer for 2-3 minutes, mix and evenly divide on top of the oatmeal bowls.
Add the other toppings and serve warm.