Anti-Inflammatory Lentil Soup
A warm bowl of comforting lentil soup, packed with whole ingredients: red lentils, root veggies, greens and a lot of turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1/3 cups red lentils uncooked
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 small celeriac or 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 big yellow onion finely diced
- 1 medium parsnip diced
- 3 &1/2 cups purified water
- 4 kale leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp toasted almonds chopped
Add the carrots, onion and parsnip into a medium soup pot with 1 tbsp water and cook for five minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Add the lentils and spices, stir.
Add water and bring to boil over medium heat. Turn the heat to low, lid the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add the kale, parsley, salt and lemon juice and mix to incorporate.
Serve warm, topped with toasted almonds.
Serving: 550g | Calories: 242kcal