Fall Salad with Beluga Lentils, Grapes and Roasted Pumpkin
A nourishing fall salad, with roasted pumpkin, grapes, and beluga lentils, loaded with antioxidants and fiber for a healthy seasonal lunch.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- For the salad
- 1/2 small pumpkin peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups cooked beluga lentils
- 1 small beet root peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup red grapes cut into halves
- 1 handful fresh rocket
- 7-10 mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- A pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts crushed
- For the dressing
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp organic raw honey replace with maple syrup for the vegan version
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat the oven to 175°C/ 347°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, add the cubed pumpkin and beet, drizzle with coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
Roast for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
While the veggies are roasting, heat one teaspoon coconut oil into a skillet, add two crushed garlic cloves and fry for a minute.
Add the fresh spinach and cook until all its liquid evaporates.
Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl add the dressing ingredients and whisk to obtain a creamy liquid.
In a large bowl add the cooked lentils, roasted vegetables, grapes, onion and spinach and toss to combine. Add the dressing and rocket and toss one more time.
Top with toasted hazelnuts and serve.