Spicy Carrot Soup
A comforting way to end your day, this soup is flavored with metabolism boosting spices and contains antioxidants to help your cells cleanse naturally.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 3-4 carrots peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 inch ginger piece peeled and minced
- 5-6 mint leaves plus extra for garnishing
- 1/2 small bunch parsley
- 1 tsp black sesame
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 &1/2 cups purified water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
In a medium sauce pan add the carrot and sweet potato cubes, onion, garlic, ginger and a tablespoon purified water, and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the rest of the water, bring to boil, then remove from the heat and transfer into the blender.
Process to obtain a creamy liquid, then add the spices, parsley, mint and olive oil, and process again to incorporate.
Distribute into serving bowls, garnish with black sesame seeds and mint leaves and serve warm.