Hormone Balancing Creamy Nettle Soup
Creamy and vibrantly colored, this nettle soup balances hormone production and tones your liver, helping your body to detoxify naturally.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 cup fresh stinging nettles rinsed and drained
- 1 parsnip peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 parsley root peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp tahini
- 4 cups purified water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Black sesame to garnish
Add the vegetables into a soup pot, cover them with water and bring to boil over medium heat.
Simmer for 30 minutes, then remove from the heat.
Scald the nettles into the soup pot for two or three minutes, then transfer everything into the blender.
Add the tahini, lemon, salt and freshly ground black pepper, and process to obtain a creamy soup.
Serve warm, garnished with black sesame seeds.