Broccoli Detox Soup
A gorgeous green soup, loaded with vitamins, fiber and minerals.
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup greens kale, spinach, beet greens or any other available
- 1 parsnip peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups filtered water or low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ lemon juice only
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Toasted mixed seeds and nuts 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
In a soup pot, heat the coconut oil, add the onion, garlic, carrot, parsnip, celery sticks and broccoli, and cook over low heat for five minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the filtered water or vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
Stir in the greens, then transfer into the blender, add the chia seeds and lemon, and process to obtain a smooth cream.
Top with toasted seeds and serve warm.