Sweet Potato Detox Soup
Packed with vitamin A and fiber, this orange soup is the best choice for a detox dinner.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- ½ cup cooked red lentils
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut in cubes
- 3 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth warm
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Fresh parsley 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
Heat the oven at 165°C/329°F.
Line a baking sheet with baking paper, add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, and garlic, season with salt, chili, turmeric, and cumin, add the coconut oil and toss to combine.
Roast for 20 minutes then transfer into the blender.
Add the warm vegetable broth, grated ginger, and cooked red lentils into the blender and process to obtain a smooth cream.
Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.