Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili, Ready in 20 Minutes
A rich, mineral-packed meal ready in 20 mins, made with nourishing ingredients - sweet potato, black beans, quinoa, to create a filling and deliciously flavored vegan dish.
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1 can cooked black beans drained
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 &1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh parsley leaves sliced avocado, fresh mint, to serve
In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat, then add the onions, bell peppers, sweet potato, cumin, chili and garlic and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the quinoa and beans, cacao, tomatoes and vegetable broth, mix and bring to boil.
Cover the pot with a lid and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.