Vegetarian Split Pea Soup for Digestive Cleanse
Fiber-loaded and packed with detoxifying minerals and vitamins, this creamy soup help your digestive process and eliminates toxins, cholesterol and old oestrogen accumulations.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 &1/2 cup split peas
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium yellow onions finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium potato peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Organic lemon zest Greek yogurt – to serve
In a medium soup pot add the olive oil, split peas, potato, onions, celery stalks, turmeric and chili flakes, and cook for five minutes over low heat.
Add the water, turn the heat to medium and bring to boil.
Simmer for 20 minutes over low heat, then add the parsley, mint, and lemon juice and mix to combine.
Process two or three times with an immersion blender, just to obtain creaminess but still preserving some texture from the peas.
Divide into serving bowls, add a dollop Greek yogurt, garnish with lemon zest and serve warm.