While the last August days are quickly passing and they shorten more and more, I try to store as much positive energy from light and sunshine as possible. I don’t know about you, but although autumn has its beautiful side, I always miss the long days and the strong light of summer. I was born in June, so it’s summer that makes me feel complete, that makes me crave light all year.
Waking up early and welcoming the new day with a Sun Salutation sequence is my favorite way to celebrate the lovely light that summer blesses me with. Energizing with a nourishing smoothie packed with fresh fruit nutrients completes my summer morning ritual dedicated to pure light. What a better way of storing the best of summer but indulging in all these sun-kissed fresh fruits and veggies? In the summertime, my smoothies go wild! A rainbow of freshness, a nutrient and flavors delight – dark magenta from blackberries, lilac from blueberries, deep red from strawberries and raspberries, yellow from mango and melon, green from all the fresh leafy greens, orange from carrots, peaches, apricots, and sea buckthorn.
I can make thousands of smoothie combinations, but it’s this yellow gorgeousness that energizes me with its lovely bright color and nourishes my body completely. I cannot think of something simpler, yet so delicious, powerful, and energizing than my Mango-Pollen-Turmeric Smoothie. It has everything you need to kick start your day:
– Mango contains high amounts of vitamins (especially C and A), potassium and fibers.
– Pollen is one of the most awesome substances nature has given us – a complete food, containing about all the nutrients necessary to sustain life – proteins, amino acids, and vitamins, including B-complex and folic acid.
– Turmeric is packed with minerals, has anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting effects, and boosts your smoothie with a fantastic flavor.
If mango is not in season, you can replace it with peaches, apricots, or melon to obtain a gorgeous color, or with any other fresh fruit available. You can make this smoothie with filtered water or to add even more nutrients (such as calcium, proteins, healthy fats), you can use homemade vegan milk – hemp, sunflower, almond, or cashew.
Sun Salutation Mango Pollen Smoothie
- 2 ripe mango
- 2 tsp pollen
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup hemp hearts milk
- Peel the mango, remove the stone, cut in cubes and place in the blender.
- Add the coconut oil, pollen, turmeric and hemp milk, and process to obtain a creamy liquid.
- Drink right away to get the maximum benefit from its powerful nutrients.
I’m always looking for recipes that are anti-cancer, as my husband diagnosed with prostate cancer, fortunately early stage. It’s a concern as his father died of this cancer only a year after diagnosis.
So glad to have found this smoothie…so delicious.
Any other suggestions ?
Thank you in advance