Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Bee Pollen
Author: The Awesome Green
Recipe type: Snacks
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp bee pollen, plus extra for garnishing
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dry pitted dates, soaked into purified water for at least 1 hr
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175/347 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and add the oats, flax, sunflower seeds and turmeric, drizzle 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove and transfer into a large bowl.
- In the food processor add the rest of the coconut oil, drained dates, peanut butter and salt, and mix to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Divide in half, then add one half to the oats bowl, together with the bee pollen and mix to incorporate.
- Transfer the mixture into a square pan and use a spoon to spread it into an even layer.
- Add the cacao to the rest of the peanut butter mixture, process to incorporate, then transfer it on top of the granola mix and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with pollen granules, and press easily to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight then cut into bars and serve, or keep into an airtight glass container for up to one week.
Recipe by The Awesome Green at https://www.theawesomegreen.com/peanut-butter-granola-bars-with-bee-pollen/