Thai Curry with Black Rice
Author: The Awesome Green
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ small pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 cup firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup purified water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ inch ginger piece, peeled and grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To serve: 1 cup black rice, cooked according to instructions, coconut yogurt, sprouts
- Heat the coconut oil into a medium pot, and add the onion.
- Cook for four minutes, over medium heat, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic cloves, and cook for a minute.
- Add the pumpkin, celery stalk, tofu and carrot, toss and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the turmeric and red curry paste, toss to coat evenly, then add the water and coconut milk and mix to combine.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the broccoli and spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the lime juice and tamari sauce, season with black pepper and serve over black rice.
Recipe by The Awesome Green at https://www.theawesomegreen.com/thai-curry-with-black-rice/