At the beginning of each year we all have this renewed desire to feel better physically and emotionally, and to start new, healthful habits. One of the easiest and best ways to do this is by starting with a gentle detox, to put your metabolism back on track.
Detox soups are a great addition to any cleansing routine, and this satiating spicy detox soup will make you forget that you’re even detoxing.
This green detox soup is a very simple recipe to start fresh, and nothing could be more comforting than a big pot of healthy, whole foods bursting with nutrition that help balance your system and stimulate your natural detoxification.
What Soups are Good for Losing Weight?
Detox soups can be fantastic to help stimulate and promote weight loss through multiple pathways.
Improving liver function helps to get toxins out better and faster, which can reduce the body weight.
In your search for the best soup for weight loss, favor recipes that include liver cleansing ingredients such as green leafy vegetables, alkalizing root vegetables loaded with potassium and anti-inflammatory spices.
Fiber, healthy fats and quality protein are a must when making a nourishing detox meal. Your gut microbiota needs fiber as prebiotics and fermented foods as probiotics that will preserve the health and diversity of the good bacteria.
I added white beans as a great source of plant-based protein and fiber and also miso as a probiotic.
This green vegetable detox soup is loaded with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich veggies that also stimulate the body’s production of the master antioxidant: glutathione.
The combination of colorful veggies with an exceptional nutritional profile, protein and fiber-packed white beans, gut microbiota-friendly miso and digestive stimulating spices makes this detox soup a great cleansing meal.
Does Soup Help Lose Belly Fat?
Consuming soup regularly, combined with an overall balanced diet has been proven to prevent obesity and excess weight.
Should it be your only strategy to lose belly fat? Definitely not!
While a detox soup is a fantastic low calorie food packed with nutrients and fiber to promote weight loss, you might need to make some other small changes to your lifestyle for losing the stubborn fat.
Having a small cup of soup before a meal can further help reduce caloric intake by taking up valuable real estate in your stomach, which makes your brain recognize satiety sooner.
Eat detox soups daily, stay away from sugar and processed salty foods, drink plenty of water and you will soon see the desired results.
If you make any of these recipes don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @theawesomegreen so I can see them and share with the community!
Detox Soup for Weight Loss
- 1 small broccoli head (about 250 g) cut into florets
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium parsnip diced
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cooked canellini beans
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp miso paste
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ inch fresh ginger piece grated
- 1 tsp salt
- Coconut yogurt, to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- Heat a medium pot, add the onion, celery, carrot, parsnip and garlic and cook over medium heat for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the grated ginger and cayenne, stir to combine then add the vegetable broth and beans.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, lid the pot and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and spinach and simmer for 5 more minutes without the lid.
- Add miso and mix to combine.
- Use an immersion blender to turn the soup into a smooth cream.
- Divide into serving bowls, add a dollop of coconut yogurt, garnish with freshly ground black pepper and serve warm.